Serving Federal and Postal Employees and Their Families Since 1950 M-O Federal Credit Union was founded in 1950. M-O began with only 50 members and now serves over 1950 members. M-O has grown to almost $25 Million in assets. M-O stands for Missouri-Oahe, however our official chartered name is M-O Federal Credit Union.
M-O Federal Credit Union is dedicated to providing competitive financial products and services to meet our member needs.
A credit union is a not-for-profit financial organization owned and operated by its members for the benefit of all who belong. Credit unions are governed by a Board of Directors. All officers are volunteers, elected by the members. The credit union concept is a simple one – members pool their savings and then make low-interest loans to each other. As not-for-profit financial service cooperatives, credit unions return earnings to their members in higher savings rates, better services, and lower borrowing rates.
M-O’s main purpose is to provide financial services to our members in a pleasant and friendly atmosphere. We pride ourselves in the personalized service you receive at your member-owned financial institution. Upon joining M-O, you become a member-owner. Your membership makes you eligible to utilize our full range of financial services. You may also take part in the election of officers and can hold an office yourself.
M-O Federal Credit Union’s primary membership base is government and postal employees who work in or are supervised from Beadle County, South Dakota. Our membership also extends to the following:
- Entities under contract with the United States Government who work in or are supervised from Beadle County, South Dakota;
- All county agricultural agencies who work in or are supervised from Beadle County, South Dakota;
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union;
- Employees of this credit union;
- Persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment;
- Members of their immediate families;
- Organizations of such persons.
Membership is open to anyone who meets any of these requirements and their family members, any relative either natural or through marriage. Once you join, you are always a member, even if you move away.
Read the latest newsletters here:
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
If after reading this notice you have questions, please contact us at (800) 422-9040.
Information We Collect About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms; this may be obtained
from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as insurance and mortgage service companies
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, financial statement publishers, plastic card processors, collection agencies and government agencies
Disclosure of Information to Parties That Provide Services to Us
In order for us to conduct the business of the credit union, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements so that we may provide members competitive products and services. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to other third parties.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you terminate your membership with M-O FCU, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What Members Can Do To Help
M-O Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) or passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or home telephone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to call us – we are here to serve you!